Texas Digital Library’s holiday wishlist is all about YOU! Grab a cocoa, channel your holiday hygge, and check out all of the ways you can help TDL fulfill our holiday wishes.
Grow Your Career
TDL will offer lots of professional development next year. Before you get too cozy, take advantage to further your career with these opportunities:
- Submit a proposal to the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries. This year’s theme is “Breaking Down Barriers,” so think big and be creative! And while you’re at it…
- …Register for TCDL. Our annual conference is a unique occasion: it’s the only conference just for digital libraries in Texas. And we think you will be very excited to welcome this year’s keynote, Dr. Siva Vaidhyanathan.
- Get ready to grow your leadership skills at our first ever Leadership Academy. Learn how to lead at all levels of the library and cultivate a cohort of learners who seek a professional community for growth.
Foster a Community of Practice
The best thing about being a member of Texas Digital Library is that we have a ready-made group of like-minded professionals working toward the same goals. Over the winter break, take a moment to give back by contributing to these initiatives:
- Recognize the leaders in your community and nominate someone for a TDL Award. The nomination process is easy, and winners are announced at the annual Texas Conference on Digital Libraries.
- Share your (open educational resources) OER materials, questions, and outreach efforts with the Texas OER Community for Higher Education Google Group. Just go to https://groups.google.com/d/forum/texas-oer-community-he and click “Apply to join.”
- Join TDL’s DSpace User Community, register for the Topics in Research Data Management webinar series, and sign up for the TDL Community Google Group to collaborate with your fellow TDL members by learning and resource-sharing.
ICYMI (and if you’re not on social media, that stands for In Case You Missed It), Texas Digital Library is liking, sharing, and retweeting your stories on social media. Help us elevate the work of all members in our consortium of academic libraries by joining us online.
From all of us to all of you, TDL wishes everyone a wonderful winter break. See you January 16th at the monthly member forum!